iMetal is trying to revive the event call in Acclaim time ‘The Dogs of Lore’. He wrote the description of the event on 9dragons G1 forum :
Update 03/25/2011: The Event may be postponed due to a possible 3x event on that weekend. I will update the status and dates should we patch next week.
That’s right, Dogs of Lore is making it’s return! This is my first time running an event on this scale, but I will do my best to make sure things run well. With that, let’s get into the timing and rules.
On Saturday April 2nd, 2011 at 7:00 P.M. PST (that is 9Dragons time, so you can use the clock on the homepage), I will open up the event. For those of you worried about not knowing when exactly it will happen, I will start sending Lion Roars about it 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 minutes and 5 minutes before I actually start. There will be plenty of notice.
The rules are as follows:
1. Everyone who will participate needs to gather at the Event Stage in Hefei.
2. Any questions about the event will need to be sent to me at least 30 minutes before the start.
3. All answers to the questions can be found in-game, on the forums, or through the 9D Wiki.
4. The contest will consist of 20 questions about 9Dragons.
5. You will have 2 minutes to find and answer questions. Some of these questions I made extremely difficult, to really test some of the more veteran players as well. Honestly, I wouldn’t know the answer to some questions if it weren’t for Courier Passes or the help of Peat.
6. All answers are to be sent to me via Pidgeon. Any shouts, PM’s or Roars about it will be ignored.
6. The winners will be decided by the number of questions they answered correctly. In case of a tie, I will have 1 bonus question to decide the winner. If it is still a tie after that, then both people will receive the same prize.
And that’s about it for the rules. However, I do reserve the right to change/amend the rules as I see fit until the day of the event. As I said before, this is my first time trying to run an event this big, it will take a while to get everything running smoothly.
Curious about the prizes? Me too! Just kidding. Go to this Google document to find out the prizes you will get to pick from. Keep in mind, during the next two weeks some may be added, and some may be taken away depending on how much people help me.
When the winners go to pick their prizes, First Place will take his/her 3 picks first, then Second Place will get his/her 2, and finally Third Place will get his/hers. So, I suggest picking out 6 or 7 different things you might like, because only First Place is guaranteed to get what he/she wants.
I think it’s a very good initiative and I thought to support it. Originally it was thought out to be an event for Nirvana server, but would be great to be extended to all servers. Storm Riders hero league will support the event on Phoenix server, but Yin will be ‘bare-headed’. Maybe out there in the land of heroes we will find a dragon soul to help out with the event. peat and iMetal will put the questions and host the event, so basically the work for supporters would be to gather the prices. If out there we have some veterans I call them to join this event and help make a funny event for everybody in the game. Who wants to help pm iMetal or peat on G1 forum.
PS : We still have tehnical problems for comments due spamm, so for now comments are off.