Today, there was again an Item Mall issue on 9Dragons. The 10-pack of Dragon Scales and the 3-pack of Dragon Tears were just 1 coin each in the Item Mall for about 10 minutes. As soon a player on Bardo noticed that, he wrote a Lion’s Roar and informed the other players.
As soon the 9D leads noticed that they loose a lot of real money (what kind of greedy people…), they changed it back to the normal price and posted a new post on the forum. And it starts, how Fugen like to be, really noobish:
Somehow, at around 6am PST, a 10-pack of Dragon Scales and a 3-pack of Dragon Tears got set to 1 coin each in the Item Mall for a short period of time.
Somehow…? Somehow…?! Hell, Acclaim is responsible for their Item Mall, and not Indy21 nor any other player. And they say “Somehow”?!
But that’s not all. Fugen also writes:
After the XP card fiasco, we made several things clear. They should also be apparent to anyone with any common sense.
We, the Project AI Blog, were VERY nice about that. We didn’t write that it was against the law what Acclaim did, because it happened just once. Anyone with any common sense knows, that the seller is responsible for the selling price. So actually they can’t take them back from the players, since they still payed.
1) If we give away an item, we price it at 0 coins; we also make that a one-per account type of deal. As in the Qilin’s Mirrors.
2) 10 scales = 9990. 3 tears = 1300. The cheapest we’ve ever had scales/tears was 2500 for 5 scales/2 tears in the refinement pack, and that was at 50% off of the already discounted price and for a limited time. If we were to give something away, it wouldn’t be 10 or 3 of the most expensive item in the Item Mall.
I like that line. It shows how greedy the 9D leads are.
3) Once again, many players took the opportunity to rob us blind, racking up dozens if not more purchases in the short time this was live.
I bet, Fugen would be the first as a normal player who would take everything what he can. His greediness prooves it.
4) The fact that most of the people exploiting this glitch used it to spam the button shows that they were aware of what they’re doing.
To be clear: That was absolutely NOT a glitch or an exploit. How I said already, the seller is responsible for the selling prices. The US law says so.
5) This is a business. If we don’t operate 9Dragons at a profit, we won’t operate it at all. That means that nobody gets to play — those that support the game with Item Mall purchases, those that play for free, and those that try to game the system and exploit every possible glitch, like buying hundreds or thousands of “free” or “discounted” scales or tears.
6) If you go to the ATM and it spits out $100,000 in cash (and you don’t have that in your account), you don’t get to keep the money. If you spend it, you still owe it.
And then, [GM]Fugen who pretends to have a common sense, writes what possibilities they have now:
That leaves us with a few options.
A) Roll back the servers to prior to this occurring (early this morning, PST).
Acclaim can’t do that. First of all, because they are responsible for their prices, and not the players. Furthermore, there were players which used Experience Cards, Drop Cards, Item Mall Dungeon Passes, or any other Item Mall items during this time. And it is questionable if they can do that if the Premium using players were grinding then.
B) Manually collect all the Scales/Tears from the people who exploited the bug. We did this for the XP card fiasco, and that took several weeks.
That’s called “To face the music”. Don’t cry about something what happened because of you. This possibility could be possible, even if I’m still not sure about the seller’s price law. However; If Acclaim take everything manually away and give them their coins back (no matter if it is just 1 coin, that’s the law), then this could even be possible. But how I said, I’m still not sure about that.
C) Ban everyone who exploited this, or at least the ones who did it multiple times.
Acclaim can do this, indeed. But the banned players can sue Acclaim then and win without problems. Again: The seller is responsible for the selling prices!
There’s no point in arguing about how it’s our mistake, you’re entitled to the items, or any of that. This was obviously not intentional. Post-XP card issue, we were very clear about what you are and aren’t allowed to do. And this may not matter to some players judging by how they comport themselves, but it’s also highly immoral to take advantage of something like this.
I wonder why the players still keep so calm. Why does nobody strikes back? Fugen is a guy from Hollywood, not even a real Game Manager. So how the hell does he want to know what’s allowed or not? He’s not even a lawyer!
People, stop to get fooled! Stop to lick their asses! Please, for god’s sake, stop selling your souls, and strike finally back! You do NOT have to pay for Acclaim’s mistakes!
EDIT: And we apologize in advance if we do have a rollback. And we would like to thank our honest players, those who didn’t take advantage and those who pointed out the issue.
What a surprise, Fugen forgot to be nice. And I never heard a bigger lie. I, for my part, never bought a false-priced item from the Item Mall, and never used the FC PQ, or any other exploid. As “thank” I was banned 2 times without reason from the 9D forum, like many other honest veterans. THAT is Acclaim’s thank.
People, seriously, most of you got so much money for the Item Mall, but you don’t have money for a lawyer? Fight for your rights and stop Acclaim to play with you all the time!
Legend – The Son of The Vagabond