“The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious.” (Marcus Aurelius)
In any organization you should always think how you can make each person more useful, more valuable.
There is something going wrong with the people in the official team: they change a lot, there is no unity and a team. They are only individuals, not a collectivity.
– they don’t know how to recruit;
– they don’t know how to evaluate;
– they don’t know how to motivate;
– they don’t know how to manage conflicts.
If you check at 30 days the “official team” list you see lots of changes in there. Players comes and goes. It is a nebula. They are human resources. Human resources are the organization. These resources are vital to the organization. They ensure survival of the organization, development and success of the organization communication system.
People are strongly marked by the time factor, time to change mentalities and learning. 2006-2009…time didn’t change much in 9D.The start was great, all were emotionally involve, players felt the game and try to develop the relations. The forum was small, few topics:
Lots of questions, early enthusiasm, the others games name could be told, the others versions could be compared without topic closed .
It began to grow big and big and the ‘boom’ was closed. The worst part is that the team was not ready for the ‘boom’. It is known that people have a greater adaptability to different situations. As social beings, people are free, but must act in the autonomous community, being more attached to certain groups which can shape individual behavior and organizational.
Where went wrong? What change?
1)they didn’t correspond to the specific situation;
2)they didn’t meet the requirements of moral and ethical;
3)they were not responsible – to take into account the consequences;
4)they were not objective without favoritism;
5) they didn’t give more money to develop the game (including the official representatives ).
More people… means harder to manage. In a larger group the conflicts and situations are densest than a small group. To control a larger group you need one minority. That minority group became the official team of players. Official team started to moderate, then extended to VGM, PAB. Many had more responsibilities. The big problem is that very few made the job with pleasure and adhere to values and principles.
Ended up in 5-10 closed topic on forum on a page .
The pages that started “white” ended in “black”.
What are the real issues with the team?
– not everyone can lead ( bad leadership);
– picking members of the official team intuitive, in no case, choose from a clear analysis of options of what they did for 9D, or programs of what they want to do, after friendships to ensure the leaders power;
– they choose quantity over quality, who post more stupid and can stay 24/24 in front of a PC ( drakenfyre75 is a great example of this );
– many are not mental health, healthy moral and don’t have the knowledge from experience in game and the community respect .
But are there people in 9Dragons able to manage the community? There are people with strategic thinking and ability to manage the game. They exist but are not considered in the simple reason that they “are not of us “.
Seeing how troubled “waters” are, those, who have competence, moral and professional for a profile of leadership, stood aside as not to become dirty. Most of the veterans think this way. Because entering that team, apparently equates to get in shit, that automatically get spotted.